Dr. Sc. Andrii Semenov
- Quantum optics: Distribution of quantum light through the turbulent atmosphere, photodetection theory, cavity quantum electrodynamics, nonclassical properties of quantum light.
- Foundations of quantum physics: Bell nonlocality, quantum measurement theory, localization of photons and particles.
Selected scientific publications
- Nonclassicality and nonlocality in quantum optics.
- Quantum communication through the turbulent atmosphere.
- Theory of realistic photodetection.
- Quantum metrology: Superresolution.
- V. S. Kovtoniuk, I. S. Yeremenko, S. Ryl, W. Vogel, and A. A. Semenov, Nonclassical correlations of radiation in relation to Bell nonlocality, Phys. Rev. A 105, 063722 (2022).
- V. A. Uzunova and A. A. Semenov, Photocounting statistics of superconducting nanowire single-photon detectors, Phys. Rev. A 105, 063716 (2022).
- A. A. Semenov and A. B. Klimov, Dual form of the phase-space classical simulation problem in quantum optics, New J. Phys. 23, 123046 (2021).
- D. Vasylyev, W. Vogel, and A. A. Semenov, Theory of atmospheric quantum channels based on the law of total probability, Phys. Rev. A 97, 063852 (2018).
- O. P. Kovalenko, J. Sperling, W. Vogel, and A. A. Semenov, Geometrical picture of photocounting measurements, Phys. Rev. A 97, 023845 (2018).
- D. Vasylyev, A. A. Semenov, W. Vogel, K. Günthner, A. Thurn, Ö. Bayraktar, and Ch. Marquardt, Free-space quantum links under diverse weather conditions, Phys. Rev. A 96, 043856 (2017).
- D. Vasylyev, A. A. Semenov, and W. Vogel, Atmospheric quantum channels with weak and strong turbulence, Phys. Rev. Lett. 117, 090501 (2016).
- M. Bohmann, A. A. Semenov, J. Sperling, and W. Vogel, Gaussian entanglement in the turbulent atmosphere, Phys. Rev. A 94, 010302(R) (2016).
- D. Yu. Vasylyev, A. A. Semenov, and W. Vogel, Toward global quantum communication: beam wandering preserves nonclassicality, Phys. Rev. Lett. 108, 220501 (2012).
- A. A. Semenov, F. Töppel, D. Yu. Vasylyev, H. V. Gomonay, and W. Vogel, Homodyne detection for atmosphere channels, Phys. Rev. A 85, 013826 (2012).
- A. A. Semenov and W. Vogel, Entanglement transfer through the turbulent atmosphere, Phys. Rev. A 81, 023835 (2010).
Position in KAU
Position in BITP
Leading research fellow
Doctor of sciences